Pain, discomfort, or stiffness in the hands and wrists can dramatically affect your lifestyle. When the pain persists and becomes a chronic problem, a thorough evaluation by our staff doctors will provide professional advice and treatment recommendations to help reduce the pain and discomfort. This will improve the patient’s lifestyle and activities of daily living.
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal tunnel syndrome involves problem in the wrist, hands and fingers that may originate from pressure on the median nerve in the wrist. The median nerve travels from the wrist into the hands and fingers. This pressure may cause pain, tingling sensation, numbness, and possibly weakness in grip strength. Our treatment methods are non-surgical and drug free.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Numbness and/or tingling into the hand or fingers
- Weakness in grip strength
- Persistent numbness in hand
- Cold sensation into hand or fingers
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive motion of the wrist and hand
- Trauma to the wrist causing nerve damage
- Overuse on computer mouse and/or keyboard
- Sports injury
- Excessive lifting or rotation of the wrist
Diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Medical history
- Physical examination
- Orthopedic examination
- Neurological examination
- Non-invasive sensory nerve testing
- X-ray examination
Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome at our Clinic
- Cold laser therapy
- Wrist manipulation
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Graston type myo-fascial release
- Trigger point therapy
- Therapeutic exercise
- Ergonomic evaluation and advice
- Lifestyle change advice
- Emailed custom “condition report"
Call for your Consultation
If you are experiencing and suffering from elbow pain, call our Clinic today to set up a free consultation with one of our Staff doctors to find out how we can help you.